The candidate supportsProject Managers in all estimating functions throughout the Launch process required during the preconstruction and construction phase. Responsible for value engineering, budget controls, alternative and comparative studies, and constructability reviews. Responsible to ensure that estimates, bids, and GMP's are complete, accurate, and well supported by recent pricing data and subcontractor input.
• Review bid opportunities and advise on the selection of bids to purse.
• Analyze and comprehend project plans, specifications, and details.
• Analyze project financials and labor costs.
• Complete thorough bid package for clients.
• Prepare takeoffs/estimates of costs of materials, labor, and equipment.
• Prepare and follow-up on quotes (including examination and analyzing of estimates).
• Establish and maintain existing relationships with strategic accounts (Consultants, Clients, Engineers).
• Review all contracts and quotes for accuracy.
• Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers• Review products used in projects (value engineering)
• Consult and communication with Project Managers, Architects, Engineers, and Clients involved at all levels of the project.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in commercial construction estimation
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction or similar
• Ability to read plans and specifications
• Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions, trade practices.
• Excellent leadership, written and verbal skills
• Strong computer skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to be a team player and work in a fast-paced environment
•Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
Let’s Work Together
Get in touch so we can start working together.